Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Homework, the winter that won't end and upcoming fun

Hello,
March has not been a productive month on the blogging front for me.  Although I have been able to read and keep up with my favorite blogs, not much attention has been given to Yarndoll.  Hopefully in the next month that will change. Here in Iowa, the trees will hopefully be sprouting leaves after "the winter that just won't end" and I will be expanding my blog posts.

Vintage style has been on my mind in my free time and progress on a pretty comfortable stylish wardrobe is coming along.  Hopefully, in the next week I will be able to post some of my latest vintage inspired finds. 

For the past few weeks I have been focusing on my graduate capstone project. Much of the work is done on it and time will be freed up for sewing, knitting, crocheting and reading books for fun.  In honor of my final "book and paper class" here is a 1942 photo from my undergraduate alma mater, Iowa State University, back when it was known as a "college."  Interestingly, I found the photo which I though was great, then discovered it a picture of Iowa State students. Perfect!
Photo by Jack Delano, retrieved from "A History in Photos" blogspot.


1 comment:

  1. That photo is such a gem. I adore the vintage school/college student look a great deal, too. It's such a sharp contrast to how most young ladies dress these days. I much prefer the vintage take myself (huge surprise, I know :D), and really must do a shoot on the steps of my old high school (which still has some of the original brick buildings that were build decades ago one of these days in a similar ensemble before I become to old to even come close to passing for a college aged student any more.

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Thank you very much for your wonderfully nice comment on my blogging anniversary post, dear lady. Huge, super happy congrats on the recent launch of your own blog!

    ReplyDelete